Catania, Italy, is a bustling city with a population of over one million people. As with all large cities, there are a number of emergency services that operate to help keep the people of Catania safe and secure. The five largest emergency services in Catania are:
1. Vigili del Fuoco (Fire Brigade)
- The Vigili del Fuoco is the fire and rescue service in Catania.
- The department has over 500 firefighters and operates 24 fire stations throughout the city.
- The Vigili del Fuoco responds to a wide range of emergencies, including fires, floods, and traffic accidents.
2. Carabinieri (National Gendarmerie)
- The Carabinieri is the national gendarmerie in Italy.
- The Catania branch of the Carabinieri has over 1,000 officers and is responsible for law enforcement in the city.
- The Carabinieri also has a special unit that responds to terrorist incidents.
3. Polizia di Stato (State Police)
- The Polizia di Stato is the national police in Italy.
- The Catania branch of the Polizia di Stato has over 600 officers and is responsible for law enforcement in the city.
- The Polizia di Stato also has a special unit that responds to organized crime.
4. Guardia di Finanza (Financial Guard)
- The Guardia di Finanza is a law enforcement agency in Italy that is responsible for investigating financial crimes.
- The Catania branch of the Guardia di Finanza has over 300 officers.
- The Guardia di Finanza also has a special unit that investigates money laundering.
5. Protezione Civile (Civil Protection)
- The Protezione Civile is a government agency in Italy that is responsible for coordinating disaster relief efforts.
- The Catania branch of the Protezione Civile has over 200 employees.
- The Protezione Civile also has a special unit that responds to natural disasters.
Table of Contents
The 5 Biggest Emergency Services near Catania, Italy
Euro Soccorso Odv – Servizio Ambulanza Catania
- Address: Via S. Michele Arcangelo, 52, 95030 Sant’Agata li Battiati CT, Italy
- Map: Click here
- Rating: 5 (43)
- Phone: +39 373 843 6365
- Opening hours:
Monday: Open 24 hoursTuesday: Open 24 hoursWednesday: Open 24 hoursThursday: Open 24 hoursFriday: Open 24 hoursSaturday: Open 24 hoursSunday: Open 24 hours
3 years agoPeculiar and unique skills and friendliness, which are handed down from father to son… I have had several experiences with these fantastic guys and I know for a fact that in the future I will have a firm and sturdy shoulder to lean on. The maximum expression of those who manage to form the perfect combination of dedication and professionalism.2 years agoTechnically trained and available staff. I have requested their services more than once and have always been extremely satisfied. Right approach with elderly and sick people. The polite and kind Euro Rescue operators offer excellent services at reasonable prices. I highly recommend their services.3 years agoCompetent, trained staff but above all excellently prepared for healthcare. Solidarity, honesty and sensitivity towards those in need of medical and non-medical care prevail. In my opinion, a staff that is synonymous with family. Doriana Bulla3 years agoHighly recommended. Their service was quick, precise and professional. Furthermore, they were very kind and extremely helpful in emergencies. I’m glad I met them. The price of their service is very honest. If I were to need ambulance transport again (I hope not!) I would turn to them without thinking. Thank you!3 years agoOur experience was very positive, especially in a difficult time. I recommend them for their punctuality, for their service and also for how they support the patient. Thank you and I have already booked my dad’s next tour 😀
Garibaldi Hospital Emergency Room
- Address: Piazza Santa Maria di Gesù, 5, 95124 Catania CT, Italy
- Map: Click here
- Rating: 2 (43)
- Phone: +39 095 759 1111
- Website: Link
7 months agoVery helpful when I had an urgent eye problem whilst on holiday. Staff professional and kind and I was referred quickly to the eye hospital. They were also good at slowing Italian down so it can be understood by non-native speakers.7 months agoDon’t come here if you are a foreigner. I have been in many hospitals all around the world but this here is by far the biggest mess. We had a mistreatment and a 10 min wait for a 8 min transfer took 2 hours waiting on a corridor. At least they had nice tiling on the floor.a year agoTerrible, horrible, don’t go there if you want to live. Understaffed, full of incompetent people. Came in an ambulance, waited there for four hours and still did not get to see a doctor. This place should be erased from the map.a year agoI received help immediately. The staff were really friendly and competent.5 months agoRegardless of my thoughts that public health in Italy is terrible, I had an x-ray in this facility and to collect the reports, if you don’t strictly stick to the times indicated they won’t deliver them to you, if you go to the center in the morning to take care of other necessary things , you have to be around for at least three hours to then be able to collect the report, also explaining to the person on duty that you are aware of the times but are asking for a courtesy that is not granted to you, I specify that when I went there he wasn’t even there confusion, a Mrs. After me. Let me clarify, I could have been walking around very well if it wasn’t for the fact that I have severe pain in my knee and heel, plus other related pain, which is the reason for the x-rays.
Garibaldi Nesima Hospital Obstetric Emergency Room
- Address: Via Palermo, 636, 95122 Catania CT, Italy
- Map: Click here
- Rating: 3.6 (41)
Soccorso Azzurro O.D.V.
- Address: Via Faraci, 12 e, 95126 Catania CT, Italy
- Map: Click here
- Rating: 5 (30)
P.A. Delta Emergency ODV – Ambulanze
- Address: Via Etnea, 372A, 95030 Mascalucia CT, Italy
- Map: Click here
- Rating: 4.8 (26)
Explore some of the similar spots such in other prominent cities such as Bari, Palermo and Genoa. By examining the presence of these places, we can gain insights into the entertainment landscape of Catania, Italy, reflecting a dynamic tourism environment and diverse consumer choices.
Top Emergency Services Alternatives in Catania, Italy
The three top Emergency Services alternatives that are very popular in Catania, Italy are:
- 118 Emergency Medical Service: The 118 service in Catania is the primary emergency medical service. It provides immediate medical assistance, including ambulance services, for all types of emergencies. The service operates 24 hours a day and is free of charge. The 118 service can be reached by dialing the emergency number 118.
- State Police: The State Police, also known as Polizia di Stato, is responsible for maintaining public order and safety in Catania. In case of emergencies that require police intervention, such as accidents, thefts, or violent incidents, the State Police can be contacted. The State Police emergency number in Italy is 113.
- Fire Department: The fire department, or Vigili del Fuoco, in Catania is responsible for responding to emergencies related to fires, natural disasters, and accidents involving hazardous materials. They also provide rescue services for people trapped in buildings or vehicles. In case of fire or any other emergency requiring their assistance, the Fire Department can be reached by dialing the emergency number 115.
It is important to note that all emergency services should only be contacted in genuine emergencies. Misusing the emergency numbers or services can result in legal consequences and put lives at risk. It is also a good practice to have these emergency numbers saved or memorized for quick access during any unforeseen situation.
Thank you for taking the time to read our article. For more in-depth reviews and comprehensive ratings on the Emergency Services spots, please explore the recommended articles listed below.