Table of Contents
The 5 Biggest Emergency Services near Newcastle, United Kingdom
Newcastle Freeman Hospital
- Address: Freeman Rd, High Heaton, Newcastle upon Tyne NE7 7DN, United Kingdom
- Map: Click here
- Rating: 4.3 (403)
- Phone: +44 191 233 6161
- Website: Link
- Opening hours:
Monday: Open 24 hoursTuesday: Open 24 hoursWednesday: Open 24 hoursThursday: Open 24 hoursFriday: Open 24 hoursSaturday: Open 24 hoursSunday: Open 24 hours
5 months agoYou cannot fault the customer experience here. Easy and well priced parking, nice and easy to get around and staff going out of there way to assist. I was stood looking aimlessly at the map board and 2 staff members asked at the same time if I needed help.
Love that there is a veg stall outside of the hospital main entrance.3 months agoReally helpful and caring staff. Really busy but still organised. Answered all my questions and reassured me about my issue. Just made me feel welcome and you don’t always get that with public funded services these days. I applaud them for all their hard work and commitment all done while wearing a smile. Thanks in particular to the staff/doctors in the ultrasound department, all very friendly and professional.3 months agoWard 27, stayed overnight. All the different staff were friendly, polite and very professional. The food was very good and plentiful and the staff came round throughout the time of my stay offering hot drinks and biscuits. Despite being in hospital it was a pleasure thank you to all the staff.5 months agoVery helpful and friendly staff in the restaurant and day treatment centre.
Only criticism was being ‘told off’ by the shop assistant for not putting a lid on the takeaway tea I was buying. I said I didn’t want a lid to be told “you have to have a lid – healthy and safety, there are cameras everywhere”.
It’s a cup of tea, not an atomic bomb!
I was more bothered about the fact the close relative receiving surgery I was there with that day than a plastic lid.3 months agoI was admitted on 30th October for a very complex first part after a 2 stage operation I was very nervous and the staff were amazing and friendly putting me at ease When going to theatre I was clearly nervous and the porter was so kind talking to me and trying to put me at ease then in theatre the staff again amazing I had the get a midline inserted prior to op and matt and the team kept me calm and well informed the anesthetist were ovely and recovery staff who helped me I was then sent to ward 19 where you go after surgery if staying in the orthopedic ward and I can’t fault my care the staff were lovely always helpful friendly answered buzzers quickly even thought there always so busy I was cared for so so good sadly my gran passed while I was there and they were so nice making sure I was OK and giving me that extra care i needed .the porters the cast team the pain team the doctors physio occ health domestics I can’t fault care from any of them I am going in for the 2nd big surgery mid December and I’m feeling alot better knowing that I’ll be cared for so well by all of these wonderful staff and departments. Thankyou so so so much all of you further care I recieved I can’t thank you enough and I’m sure I’ll be welcomed back when I’m next in I can’t thankyou enough thankyou zoe monaghan
North East Ambulance Service NHS Trust
- Address: Bernicia House, Goldcrest Way, Newburn Riverside, Newcastle upon Tyne NE15 8NY, United Kingdom
- Map: Click here
- Rating: 4 (51)
- Phone: +44 191 430 2000
- Website: Link
6 months agoAfter falling down the stairs and sustaining 3 fractures and a dislocation the Crook ambulance team arrived and I couldn’t have had better service, Andy and Sarah made me feel safe and comfortable. They were thorough and explained everything well and clearly. They were funny, calming and warm and I really couldn’t have asked for two better people to take care of me. These professionals deserve better rewards than they get, and deserve recognition for the job they do and the marvellous people they are. Thank you both ever so much xxa month agoThere is something wrong with these people. Someone accused me of having a conversation with someone from here even though I haven’t, maybe when they contact a house by phone they should contact the correct address before they make such comments.6 months agoI really don’t know where to start…… on Wednesday 9th my mother was diagnosed with 3rd degree heart block after suffering a fall, within her home! The care and service she reviewed was absolutely amazing! She really wouldn’t be here today if it wasn’t for yous
Thank you from the bottom of my heart ❤️a year agoI fell from my horse on Wednesday, landing awkwardly on my hip/bottom. The pain was excruciating and there was no way I could travel by car so called NEAS via 999. The call handler was brilliant, reassured me someone was already on the way to me. Paul the paramedic was there within minutes. He was fantastic, quickly appreciating my pain and that despite it I was happy to engage in humour. This helped me relax and he was able to give me some of the good stuff. I was packaged up and placed on an ambulance by a great crew, sadly I didn’t get names. They quickly dropped me at Durham where I was xrayed and luckily only a minor pelvic crack and a lot of bruising. I was home that evening albeit sore! I cannot thank the crews enough for their kindness, wit & skills. In this time of negativity this was the NHS at its very best. Thank you NEAS, you’re awesome!2 years agoThank you so much to the wonderful paramedics including Kit who came when my dear Dad collapsed at his home in Hexham on 20/11. You treated him with dignity and did all you could for him. You were so kind to my Mum and myself too. We will never forget you. Hope you liked the chocolates we dropped into Hexham Ambulance Station today. We are so grateful.
Royal Victoria Infirmary Emergency Department
- Address: Queen Victoria Rd, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 4LP, United Kingdom
- Map: Click here
- Rating: 2.3 (42)
Emergency plumber/Gas 247 ltd
- Address: 5 Wooperton Gardens, Newcastle upon Tyne NE5 2DT, United Kingdom
- Map: Click here
- Rating: 5 (30)
Gas 24/7 Emergency Plumbers
- Address: 11 Studley Terrace, Newcastle upon Tyne NE4 5PA, United Kingdom
- Map: Click here
- Rating: 4.2 (11)
Explore some of the similar spots such in other prominent cities such as Swansea, Cardiff and Southampton. By examining the presence of these places, we can gain insights into the entertainment landscape of Newcastle, United Kingdom, reflecting a dynamic tourism environment and diverse consumer choices.
Top Emergency Services Alternatives in Newcastle, United Kingdom
Newcastle, United Kingdom is known for its efficient emergency services. In addition to the traditional options, there are several alternative emergency services that are gaining popularity in the city. Here are the top three:
- Newcastle Urgent Care Centre: This facility provides a range of urgent medical services such as minor injuries, infections, and illnesses that do not require a visit to the emergency department. The Urgent Care Centre is staffed by experienced doctors and nurses who can attend to non-life-threatening emergencies. It offers extended hours, often staying open until late at night, providing a convenient alternative to the traditional emergency room. This service is particularly beneficial for individuals who need immediate medical attention but do not want to wait for hours in a crowded emergency room.
- Newcastle Dental Hospital A&E: For dental emergencies, the Newcastle Dental Hospital Accident and Emergency (A&E) department is the go-to alternative. This specialized facility provides emergency dental care such as toothache management, dental trauma, and oral infections. The Dental Hospital A&E is equipped with state-of-the-art dental equipment and staffed by qualified dental professionals who can offer immediate relief and treatment for dental emergencies. By visiting the Dental Hospital A&E, patients can avoid the long wait times typically associated with visiting a regular dental clinic for emergency dental care.
- Newcastle Mental Health Crisis Team: In cases of mental health emergencies, the Newcastle Mental Health Crisis Team is available to provide immediate support and intervention. This crisis team is made up of mental health professionals, including nurses, social workers, and psychiatrists, who can provide assessment, support, and referrals for individuals experiencing a mental health crisis. The team can be contacted either through the emergency services number or through the community mental health team. They offer a vital alternative to the emergency room for individuals who require emergency mental health assistance.
Overall, these alternative emergency services in Newcastle provide efficient and specialized care for individuals with urgent but non-life-threatening medical, dental, and mental health needs. They offer quicker access to care, often with extended hours of operation, reducing the burden on the traditional emergency services and providing more targeted assistance for specific types of emergencies.
Thank you for taking the time to read our article. For more in-depth reviews and comprehensive ratings on the Emergency Services spots, please explore the recommended articles listed below.