To slow down a video on your iPhone, you can use the built-in Photos app which comes with a feature called “Slow-Mo.” However, this only applies to videos you’re about to take. If you want to slow down a video that you’ve already taken, you can use the iMovie app, which is also free and created by Apple. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open the App Store and download the iMovie app if you haven’t already.
- Once iMovie is installed, open the app.
- Tap “Create Project” and then select “Movie.”
- You’ll be prompted to choose the video you want to edit. Find the video, select it, and then tap “Create Movie” at the bottom of the screen.
- Now you’ll be in the editing interface. Scroll through the timeline at the bottom until you find the part of the video you want to slow down.
- Tap on the video clip in the timeline so it’s highlighted with a yellow box.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap the speed icon (it looks like a speedometer).
- A slider will appear beneath the video clip. Drag the slider to the left to slow down the video. The smaller the number, the slower the video will play.
- Once you’re satisfied with the changes, tap “Done” in the upper left corner.
- Tap the share button (a box with an arrow pointing up), then save the video. You can choose the video resolution at this stage.
- The edited video will be saved to your Photos app.
Remember, slowing down a video too much might cause it to appear choppy or blurry. Experiment with different speeds to see what works best for your video.